Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Pumpkin Pie - sugar free, crustless, & easy too!


The holiday preparations are underway in our household. The grocery shopping is done, the menu planned. Although, that's easy - since it's always the same for Thanksgiving and Christmas! However, this year I plan on making a corn pudding that will be baked and served in a pumpkin. The rule is, we are allowed to add something to the menu, we just aren't allowed to remove anything from the traditional menu. The family is expected to arrive later this afternoon, and the celebrations will officially begin. The littlest ones have been busily perfecting a presentation about the Pilgrims and also thinking about what they are grateful for this Thanksgiving.

In the meantime, pumpkin pie is cooling on the kitchen counter. This special pumpkin pie always graces our dessert table for the holidays. Quick and easy, it mixes up in a hurry, and helps counterbalance all the calories eaten during the actual Thanksgiving feast. Enjoy!

Pumpkin Pie

2 c. pumpkin
2 eggs
1 - 12 oz. can evaporated milk
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
3 packets sweetener

Spray a 9" pie pan with Pam. Beat all pie ingredients together. Pour into prepared pan; sprinkle with additional cinnamon. Bake in preheated 450 degree oven for 10 minutes, then reduce oven to 350 degrees and bake an additional 35 minutes, until set. Remove from oven, allow to cool. Keep refrigerated.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Mmmmm...sounds marvelous! Thank you for the recipe. Have a lovely holiday!

Anonymous said...

hi there., i just dropped into ur blog and saw your recipe and it looks delicious! and it looks healthy too..

thanks,
sparco

Michelle said...

My sister has gestational diabetes and is very limited on the amount of carbs/sugar that she can have. I wanted her to be able to indulge a little this Thanksgiving so I began my search for a crustless, sugar free pumpkin pie and ended up here! I did make a few changes, I used powdered stevia because I don't use artificial sweeteners and I used heavy cream instead of evaporated milk because it has a lower sugar content. Thank you so much!!! I tasted the raw batter and if it's half as good cooked, it should be wonderful! Happy Thanksgiving 2011!

Anonymous said...

Michelle- My husband is diabetic. I use heavy cream and stevia all the time. How much stevia did you use?