Monday, November 24, 2008

Above the Doorway


These fun collections belong to Marj, our Jim Thorpe sister. An artist all her life, she creates vignettes throughout her home that inspire you to stop and observe, to admire and wish to recreate. In her recently remodeled kitchen, she had very narrow shelves built in above each doorway providing a perfect location for a visual display of her fun collections.

The matching pitchers are remembrances from our Mother's collection of luster ware. The wooden statue is a figure that I brought back from Spain well over 30 years ago. It makes me happy to see it has a very special spot in her kitchen collections. The little milk bottles are from Peplau's dairy. Mom's maiden name was Peplau, no connection to the dairy though.

2 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

What beautiful collections --- and I love the way that the space above the doorways were used to the best effect.

I hope you have a lovely and blessed Thanksgiving. My afghan is keeping me cozy warm, having a place of honor in the living room. Thanks again!

LaTeaDah

Steph said...

I agree - what beautiful and thoughtful collections! I love the greens in the tea tin collection.

Happy Thanksgiving!