Friday, January 23, 2009

National Pie Day - Today!


It is National Pie Day! Although I enjoy pie, I don't make them too often. To be honest, my preference leans toward cake and icing, yes, lots of icing. However, these darling little lemon curd tartlets will start appearing on our tea tray in early Spring; but today, I'm simply enjoying thinking about my favorite Peanut Butter Pie... it's a winner, but one you can't indulge in too often! Do you have a favorite pie? Bake a pie, purchase a pie, share a pie with a friend, photograph a pie, draw a picture of a pie or dream of pie... anything goes today!
How are you celebrating the day?

6 comments:

Maryanne said...

How about - dreaming of pie ...

Linda Jennings said...

My mother was an excellent at making pies. She always made her crusts from scratch. My favorite pie is butterscotch, but I rarely make it.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

My grandmother made the best lemon meringue pie! My absolute favorite is coconut cream! The Herbal Husband's favorite is pecan or apple and I make both of those.

Anonymous said...

Those lemon curd tartlets look FABULOUS! I'd have to say that my favorite pie is a Chocolate Chess Pie. Have been making the recipe (originally from Southern Living magazine) for years.

Marilyn Miller said...

I love pie and I love making them. I grew up with a family of women that made pies. Lemon meringue is my favorite, but I don't make that often. I probably make apple pies the most. I have some apricot pie filling in the freezer, oh I must run and make one. Yummmm!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I came across some hand pie recipes from the local paper, The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. The link is below:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09022/943467-34.stm

If you can't find it go to www.post-gazette.com, click on Living at the top of the page, then click food. About half way down the page will be a picture of the hand pies and then under Thursday, January 22, 2009 will be a link for hand pie recipes. Hope you enjoy them!