Monday, August 31, 2009

The Crafted Cozy

These assorted cozies demonstrate various hand-crafted cozies. Beautiful oriental material was used in this handmade cozy, presented to me as a gift from a visiting friend.
These two cozies are slightly different. The one in the background has a lace overlay which slips over the thick blue padding, easily removed for washing between use. In the foreground, an assortment of mismatched material was crafted into a version of a 'crazy' quilt (sort of).

And this beautiful hand-embroidered tea cozy, purchased in England (a gift from my sister), is too beautiful to use. It is on display in the tea room, the label 'hand made cosy' tucked underneath. Cozy or cosy? The English spelling is with an 's', and American English uses a 'z'. Either one works.
Looking for a knitting project? The September/October 2009 issue of The Tea House Times (a Bi-Monthly publication out of NJ) includes easy knitting directions to make a Multi-Stripe Tea Cozy (used by permission) from Knitting and Tea by Jane Gottelier.

4 comments:

Martha said...

Beautiful cosys all! I especially like the last!

Donna and Miss Spenser said...

What a fun thread this has been...you have a lovely collection of cozies! I agree with Martha...the last one is a beauty!!
Donna

Anonymous said...

Your cosies are lovely! I have always wanted one of those "old timey" plain knitted tea cosies that you see in English photographs. I took knitting back in high school (over 35 years ago!) and I'm trying to decide if I should give it a go again....

parTea lady said...

They are beautiful cozies. I really like the fabric in the oriental cozy.